Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

UK lockdown newbie

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by bigtomtvc, Apr 5, 2020.

1. bigtomtvc

bigtomtvc n00b

hey guys my names Thomas

hope everyone is well

i am from england, got into kendama after search youtube due to been locked down in the UK due to covid-19.

purchased my first kendama which is a sweets prime. really enjoying it.

i suffer with arthritis in my hands and it can be painful sometimes but this is really helping with my grip.

looking forward to learning alot. (ken cult recommended joining here on one of his videos)

anyone else here from the UK

hope to speak to you all soon

thanks

Thomas

Apr 5, 2020
  2. goenKendama

goenKendama Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the boards. You might have a look in the Beginner Resources thread for links to threads which might be of interest. Also head over to the Sessions board to track down players in your area (or time zone for d'Sesh jams). I believe there are a number of UK players here. Also have a look in Introduce Yourself to see if others have posted their location. There's a ton of info on the boards and you can usually find things using the Search function though it can be a bit finicky on occasion.

As for hand issues you might try switching hands from your dominate to weak periodically just to keep from overdoing things and to increase dexterity of your off hand. There are also some unusual tricks you can find over on the JKA website that use different muscles and skills but are still challenging. I used some of them after I had surgery on my right arm (particularly the 6 position ball balance).

Apr 5, 2020
  3. Vinks

Vinks n00b

Hi I'm from the UK in very interested in playing Kend ama iit's a fun thing but more fun with other people do know some people maybe we can all meet up and play together I've got 2 spares

May 9, 2020