Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

What does kendama mean to you?

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by Bailey Mezinger, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Bailey Mezinger

Bailey Mezinger n00b

Hey guys! I'm working on a short film for school and was wondering what kendama means to everyone or why you fell in love with it.

To me, Kendama is more that just a toy or game. It's an outlet and when you hone in everything around you just kind of disappears. It also works as a stress reliever for me and tends to spark creativity within my school work.
    That's what kendama means to me and why I love it. Whats it mean to you?

If you're interested in the video the rough draft is on my Instagram but it's only a minute of it
    check it out @bemezii or here's the link.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BN_tkR7B1wg/?taken-by=bemezii

Jan 9, 2017
  2. st0rmzy

st0rmzy Member

Kendama to me is, well, it's many things.

It's a form of self improvement. It allows me to not only hone a new skill, but to improve my existing hand eye coordination. It's a new world to get lost in, to find new friends in. It's an art form, It allows my mind to relax when my body takes over and just does it's thing.

Kendama is the best thing I have ever discovered, and honestly, that brief non-sensical description right there is only the tip of the iceberg as to what kendama means to me.

TL;DR kendama is cool I guess.

Also, your video is pretty cool, I like the idea that life is just that thing that happens inbetween jamming!

Jan 9, 2017
    7Cabbages and Bailey Mezinger like this.
  3. AJPreciseKendama

AJPreciseKendama n00b

Kendama to me is like a stress reliever and it gets you focused mentally and physically. When you are "honed" in while in a playing session it is like nothing else on the planet, When you are doing combos first try and learning hard tricks easily it's like nothing else. Kendama is a confidence booster to show anything is possible.
    when I was learning ken flip combos I thought I would never get them in. But over a while I finally landed them to a point I could do them easily. Noww my focus is juggles and string tricks that I look at and I'm like "no way I'm doing this" but I'll get there eventually

Jan 9, 2017
    Bailey Mezinger and st0rmzy like this.
  4. sorrywongnumber

sorrywongnumber Honed Member

Kendama is a rollercoaster, a bunch of up and downs just like life. Sometimes you get the trick you wanted, but if you work hard enough then you"ll achieve your goal.

Jan 9, 2017
  5. Ricky Røge

Ricky Røge Slayer

Peace and good times

Jan 9, 2017