Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

What's the best way I can spread kendama?

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by st0rmzy, Jan 8, 2017.

1. st0rmzy

st0rmzy Member

So the dama scene where I live (Falkirk, Scotland) is literally non-existant, i've never seen anyone who has any idea what my dama is, so my question to all you lovely downspikers is, how can i help spread the dama love in my home town? simple, right?

Jan 8, 2017
  2. OEZ

OEZ Member

spread like buttah

nah jk, in my opinion the best way to spread kendama is to just do it.
    go out and play, teach people about kendama if they're interested, host jams, organize events and competitions.
    form a kendama club.
    jam the same day, same time, same place every week.
    and most important, grow a beard (information from @Jake Wiens )

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    Jan 8, 2017
    st0rmzy likes this.
  3. st0rmzy

st0rmzy Member

looks like I'm done then, my facial hair growing skills are approximately zero :(

Jan 8, 2017
    htimSxelA likes this.
  4. OEZ

OEZ Member

mine too! hah
    but you know, never give up and go on!
    come down to praha (czech republic) one time when there's a Battle in the Yoyostore and let these vibes inspire you.

Jan 8, 2017
    st0rmzy likes this.
  5. bonerkid

bonerkid Honed Member

Giving kendamas away is probably really effective, but it's not an option for all people since that can be kinda expensive.

I would make a point of jamming in a public park or something. Any place where a lot of people go through is probably good.
    Bring a bunch of spare damas and teach anyone who's interested, get them really hyped, share informations. Hopefully they will google around/go to a website you pointed them towards - and buy a dama. Then you can start jamming every so often.

A lot of people who play kendama also skate, maybe go hang out at a skatepark or something and see if anyone is interested?

Borrow your friends a kendama - some of them has got to be at least a little bit interested. Help them land some stuff quickly, show them edits.

I don't know how easy this is, I've never been interested in doing this kind of thing. But if I'll ever be, I'd do something like this.

Jan 8, 2017
    htimSxelA likes this.
  6. htimSxelA

htimSxelA Moderator Staff Member

I think @bonerkid nailed it, easiest way is to make yourself (and dama) seen. It can be tough, not everyone is super outgoing, but if you're willing to camp out on a park corner and put up with "is that a yoyo?!" all day, you'll probably bump into some people that will start playing at some point

Jan 8, 2017
    st0rmzy and James Hoang like this.