Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Wood Burning

Discussion in 'The Lumber Yard' started by lategreat808, Dec 18, 2016.

1. I also really like doing it. It's a fun way to personalize your dama and you can make some cool tracking. 20170303_164520.jpg

Mar 17, 2017
    TheWickEffect and Almostgets like this.
  2. Nick Lectura

Nick Lectura Moderator Staff Member

I've done it on tamas and messed around with doing it on my kens, like I've done it on beater kens. Haven't burned anything in a while though. Nice burns :D

Mar 17, 2017
  3. Brandon Jensen

Brandon Jensen Slayer

@KeeganS those are awesome you should really do a tutorial on how to do those

Mar 18, 2017
  4. AndrewBenincasa_CNYK

AndrewBenincasa_CNYK Member

My friend, whenever he buys a new natty, he burns a stripe across the tama like the stodd tamas. It helps a lot with tracking and looks really cool.

Mar 18, 2017
  5. Aloysius_hung_

Aloysius_hung_ Honed Member

I only made stripes on my cups for trackin

Mar 19, 2017
  6. Ting.Kut

Ting.Kut Honed Member

I absolutely love the look of this :)

Mar 20, 2017
  7. I'm working on a new customs company and its one of my protos. If you would like something like it I would love to help you out.

Mar 20, 2017
    Ting.Kut likes this.
  8. Ting.Kut

Ting.Kut Honed Member

Yesss! That would be absolutely great

Mar 20, 2017
  9. I have some others as well. Here's one I finished a few days ago. After this thread sparked some more ideas. Big shout out to @KeeganS took some inspiration from him. Check his insta he's done some dope ones as well! IMG_20170320_051754.jpg

Mar 20, 2017
    Ting.Kut and KeeganS like this.
  10. Ting.Kut

Ting.Kut Honed Member

Thats actually tight af!

Mar 20, 2017
    ChrisP.Damahead likes this.
  11. KeeganS

KeeganS DS Legend

What do you use to wood burn? I have a wood burning tool/pen i bought from a crafts shop in my town. I'd love to have a pyrography kit to use but cant justify buying one just yet

Mar 20, 2017
  12. Same. I've seen your videos and I have one really similar to yours. It gets the job done but I definitely want something that has more juice eventually.

Mar 20, 2017
  13. KeeganS

KeeganS DS Legend

Sweet! I almost exclusively use the chisel tip on mine since it does basically everything. I have a handful of beech tamas from aliexpress coming in a number of weeks that i want to use to experiment using the other tips mine came with

Mar 20, 2017
  14. Nice I just got a few bass wood blocks from the same craft store that I bought the burner from for practice. Great minds think alike I found a manufacturer on there as well that I get mine from.

Mar 20, 2017
  15. Monkayglands

Monkayglands Member

Wood burning is crazy fun. Kendama is what got me stoked on it, I picked it up shortly after starting kendama.

Right now I'm burning some Ben Herald mods as gifts for some kendama players that inspire me to try newer & harder tricks or just their positive attitudes.

First one I finished was for Alex Du Pont who plays for graintheory.
    IMG_20170705_014856_435.jpg
    Now I'm starting my second for Ben Herald
    IMG_20170707_034906_219.jpg
    After Ben's I have one more to do for another slayer who inspires me from his edits and social media.

On my Instagram I have progress photos and I post after every session. I also stream every single woodburn on my twitch channel. I've been live streaming videogames for over 4 years and been doing kendama art on the site for about 11 months now. It's pretty chill vibes, just listening to music, watching kendama edits, and getting people who have never seen kendama stoked on it. :)

Jul 7, 2017
  16. KeeganS

KeeganS DS Legend

I definitely need more natties to burn. It's been a while since I last did a big custom work. It really is crazy fun too, Kendama got me stoked on it as well.

Jul 7, 2017
    Monkayglands likes this.
  17. Monkayglands

Monkayglands Member

Just hit up some of kendama companies, They're always down to wholesale. It is a bit of a steep order to do though. Luckily I got a new job and I'm boss actually helped me buy this GT wholesale order. This is my second wholesale order actually. I've also been on a natty kick lately, with this hot weather. :)

Jul 7, 2017
  18. KeeganS

KeeganS DS Legend

I found some cheap beech tamas on aliexpress that I've bought a couple times before. But all my money right now is going to the fund for MKO if it isnt being used to pay bills and such.
    Hopefully i can get some tamas from them before MKO so i can bring them with me

Jul 7, 2017
    Monkayglands likes this.
  19. Monkayglands

Monkayglands Member

Nice, I'm also planning to go to MKO; but I also feel you on the bills and such. #adultlife.

Jul 7, 2017
  20. goenKendama

goenKendama Administrator Staff Member

@bonerkid merged your thread here so everyone could see the previous posts on the topic. @lategreat808 been putting DIY stuff here in The Lumber Yard so I went ahead and moved it over.

Jul 7, 2017