Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Android vs Apple

Discussion in 'Non-Dama Drama' started by goenKendama, May 17, 2018.

?

What flavor of portable devices do you carry?

1. Android

2. Apple

3. Both Android & Apple

4. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. goenKendama

goenKendama Administrator Staff Member

Nearly everyone is blessed/cursed with carrying portable electronic devices these days. Into which camp do you fall, Android or Apple or do you work with a mix of devices? Do you have specific features that were the draw or have you just used the same brand for so long it's too much trouble to change? Do you find that some devices are better left at a location while others go with you everywhere?

May 17, 2018
  2. Donuts

Donuts Member

Been in the apple ecosystem since iPhone 4S. The only thing still pulling me in is jailbreaking, otherwise I’d probably go the google pixel route

May 18, 2018
    goenKendama likes this.
  3. Cheech_Sander

Cheech_Sander Administrator Staff Member

Team android.

May 18, 2018
  4. azleonhart

azleonhart Moderator Staff Member

TBH it’s a pointless debate.
    Both have its own set of advantages and vice versa.

Android phones are great for those who wanna tinker around and stuff like that, but for those who just wanna use a phone, iOS is better suited for them.

YACA, it’s like a Subaru/Mitsu/JDM where you can tinker, add nitrous, swap tires, and it can go fast, but for everyone else who wants the car to just work, is comfortable, and gets them from A to B, a Mercedes/BMW will work fine.

May 18, 2018
    James Hoang likes this.
  5. goenKendama

goenKendama Administrator Staff Member

Wasn't really going for debate of which is better but more interested in what people use since some features/apps are only available on certain devices/OSs. In my case I only use some of the older Apple devices with the 40 pin connectors because I can access the audio pre-amp section and use them to drive either speakers or headphones (through headphone amps) but they generally stay at home. Android I carry because of the increased storage capability (SD cards) and a few apps unavailable on iOS. I have some hand-me-down Android devices that I run aftermarket ROMs on to increase/revive the utility of them but I don't really enjoy tweaking on them as a hobby; I'll stick to full-size computers and cars for that.

And just for grins. . . :D

May 21, 2018
  6. Bryan Scagline

Bryan Scagline Slayer

iPhones are the most lit. lol easiest question on earth :D #biasedaf

May 22, 2018
  7. Nick Lectura

Nick Lectura Moderator Staff Member

yeah i'm super ignorant about this debate lol. blue text bubbles for the win :D

May 30, 2018
    Bryan Scagline and goenKendama like this.
  8. Emil Apostol

Emil Apostol DS Legend

I like to think Android phones have more potential to do anything. I've seen modders do much with their Android phones, from making new skins to crafting new apps, and all without having to go through Apple.

Apple, on the other hand, does one thing and does it really well. It gives apple users what they want: a good camera and an intuitive user interface. It leaves some things to be desired for me, but people love iPhones because it just has that unique iPhone feel that android doesn't.

Jun 26, 2018
    goenKendama likes this.
  9. Edric Owen Ladera

Edric Owen Ladera Slayer

For me i have fair amount of usage on both mobile patforms.

The simplest way for me to differentiate the two can be "debatable" for the others, but;

Android: Has alot of apps but you won't get the one you exactly want/need, sometimes it's less of what you expect it will be.

iOS: there's not that much of a bunch, but surely you can get the app you need/want with less problems.

Jul 8, 2018
    goenKendama likes this.