Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Community Kendama Project

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by Andy Dama, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Andy Dama

Andy Dama Honed Member

Hi,
    I'm part a small and growing Kendama Klub in Milwaukee. (12 people) I was thinking about ways to spread the dama community and get to know other slayers across the world. I was thinking that a bunch of clubs or groups could make a large organization, kind of like gloken but instead of selling stuff (probably not for a while), it would just be a way to connect specific groups in many places. This organization would also be very efficient for running and organizing events, spreading the dama scene to other places etc. We would have many of our people "stationed" around the world, so if that area needs help, they can do the job or whatever they need to do. If you think this is a good idea, please spread the word to other people. If you don't think this is a good idea, tell me why, and how this could be changed.

I need:
    A few people to help me get this thing going and help run this organization
    A cool name
    Lots of people to tell me
    1) Your name
    2) Where you are from
    3) Any dama scene where you live
    4) How you think this organization could help you
    5) How you think this organization should operate and help kendama as a whole

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    Oct 22, 2017
    Eric H likes this.
  2. azleonhart

azleonhart Moderator Staff Member

Gloken actually does the stuff you mention about.
    Their primary objective is to collect and preserve the history of kendama, connect and reach out to kendama scenes around the world (they've been to Mozambique (IIRC), Singapore, France, etc, and sponsor events and send their peeps to major events around the world.
    The store is actually a by-product of what they do.

Gloken will contact an influential kendama figure in a country (if there is one), and reach out to them, if someone else from abroad needs to find a dama player / store from a country that they're planning to visit.
    The birth of the World Kendama Association recently by Gloken aims to be a bigger movement and perhaps a governing body for kendama worldwide.

Oct 22, 2017
    Mollidama and Andy Dama like this.
  3. Andy Dama

Andy Dama Honed Member

Ok I see

Oct 23, 2017