Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

DS! International Game of K-E-N [1.0]

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by Congarranza, May 19, 2017.

1. Congarranza

Congarranza DS Legend

SLAYER announced ~1300hr PDT MONDAYS until winner is reached. SLAYER must upload a video by THURSDAY at ~1700hr PDT of the same week as announcement. VIDEO or caption in the post must include a full description the trick/line to be copied by current CHALLENGERS in contention, description of kendama being used (can change for every challenge), and if posting via instagram, show some love and tag @downspikeofficial!

CHALLENGERS will have until the first Monday ~1200hr PDT to post the copied challenge presented by the SLAYER. VIDEO or caption in the post must include a full description the trick/line that was copied from current SLAYER in contention, description of kendama being used (can change for every challenge), and if posting via instagram, show some love and tag @downspikeofficial!

SCOREBOARD will be updated before announcement of next SLAYER on the first MONDAY between 1200-1300hr PDT.

May 22, 2017
  2. Edric Owen Ladera

Edric Owen Ladera Slayer

i'm not yet joining. my phone is still busted. i got nothing to film with...

May 22, 2017
  3. Congarranza

Congarranza DS Legend

Oh man!! That's unfortunate! Hopefully this will be a continuing activity for members.

May 22, 2017
    Edric Owen Ladera likes this.
  4. Edric Owen Ladera

Edric Owen Ladera Slayer

don't worry once i have funds fixing my phone, i'll be out of the hiatus of posting videos, & join KEN asap

May 22, 2017
    Congarranza and Dan Reinstein like this.
  5. Gasiek

Gasiek Slayer

What if slayer hadn't posted a trick?

May 24, 2017
  6. Gasiek

Gasiek Slayer

I think it should be a little bit less time to post tricks because in other way this would last years...

May 24, 2017
    cpthangover likes this.
  7. Dan Reinstein

Dan Reinstein Member

I would assume that if I have not posted a trick by the deadline it would be equivalent to a game of can wear the person who is setting the trick messes up. The Slayer would just become the next person

May 24, 2017
    Congarranza and Gasiek like this.
  8. Dan Reinstein

Dan Reinstein Member

*HERE IS THE FIRST TRICK*

Normally I would cut out me freaking out about Landing it but I went to all the trouble of filming the time and date that was landed so I might as well keep it in.

THE LINE YOU MUST COPY IS: downspike fasthand. Then (while still in tama grip) raise both into the air and (while "floating") switch to kengrip and do an inverted OUTWARD (it's easier to do outward) earthturn. End earthturn by downspiking.

Think of the second half as throw-grab-flick-stab.

Good luck! I'm excited to see everyone lace : - )

May 24, 2017
    TheWickEffect and Congarranza like this.
  9. Dan Reinstein

Dan Reinstein Member

Okay so I don't know if it's an inward or outward Earth turn but as long as the ball is turning in the same direction as it is in the video I posted you should be fine

May 24, 2017
  10. Dan Reinstein

Dan Reinstein Member

Oh and for some Shameless self-promotion, tomorrow I'm going to post all the tricks that I was considering submitting for this as well so you should give my Instagram a peep

May 24, 2017
    Congarranza likes this.
  11. Congarranza

Congarranza DS Legend

:eek:Thanks for eating up my whole weekend on a Wednesday night!!:confused: Well executed line and great explanation!!

May 24, 2017
    Dan Reinstein and Gasiek like this.
  12. TheWickEffect

TheWickEffect Slayer

May 24, 2017
  13. Gasiek

Gasiek Slayer

May 26, 2017
    Congarranza likes this.
  14. TheWickEffect

TheWickEffect Slayer

Here's your combo @Dan Reinstein. The reverse down earth took me a while before I could control it enough to nail the final downspike! I've been trying it since your post lol. Cool trick! Setup is same as last video (custom burned F3 settup)

May 26, 2017
    Congarranza, Dan Reinstein and Gasiek like this.
  15. Congarranza

Congarranza DS Legend

Good job!! I've been working on. Got the tip wet. I'll be recording this weekend.

May 26, 2017
    Dan Reinstein likes this.
  16. cpthangover

cpthangover Slayer

Pretty sure I am going to have to pass here.I cannot seem to get the fasthand right. Only got the second half once or twice. I'll keep trying until whenever it ends, but if we are ending it early and starting another I'll take a letter

Edit: Nailed it! Did it once while waiting for my sales rep while buying a car, got home, and filmed it. I'll upload it in the morning, it's late.

Last edited: May 27, 2017
    May 26, 2017
    Dan Reinstein and Congarranza like this.
  17. Congarranza

Congarranza DS Legend

Keep trying! A good way to practice the second half is to airplane into the position. On the way up, when you switch to Sara grip, you don't need to flick too much. I haven't done the whole line in one swoop either. I've been to busy to get enough time to nail it. As for the first part, you can see @TheWickEffect and @Gasiek pull the tama up into the Ken and have plenty of space to switch grips in the way down. I'm going to try to get this done by Sunday. I have another full day on the road Saturday.

May 26, 2017
  18. cpthangover

cpthangover Slayer

Thanks for making me learn fasthands! This has been the only thing I have tried since it was posted, and have only got it 3 times total now.

Sorry about my small shirt and stomach hanging out. By the time I got it on film I stopped caring. Also had a few too much to drink.

Edit: Kendama used was an Sweets F3 Ken and Lyonken Maple Tama

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    May 28, 2017
  19. Congarranza

Congarranza DS Legend

May 28, 2017
  20. Congarranza

Congarranza DS Legend

May 28, 2017