Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Favorite NON-Pros

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by rTTn, Dec 20, 2016.

1. rTTn

rTTn Slayer

There are a number of awesome people in the kendama community that aren't sponsored by anyone. Let's talk about that.

@Ben Lowe - This guy is awesome. He to me is what is the best thing about kendama. Nothin but love for the dama and everyone involved. Love his vlogs, I'm always super inspired to jam after watching them and hope to pick up one of his brother & his pins to add to my hat.

Louke Hernandez - Another super awesome guy. Him and the whole OC crew are really friendly. I'd love to make it out there and jam with them sometime, but I'd have to keep my GF away from Hirota because she thinks he beautiful. You can also bother him in Discord Kendama Community. Love's yellow Oozies.

Cam Herrero - Why this guy hasn't been picked up by a company yet is one of the weirdest things to me. He is an amazing player. I actually got to meet him at RMR15 where he introduced himself to me instead of me being a fangirl and running over to him. Also a DBZ nerd which means your insta-awesome in my book.

Dec 20, 2016
  2. Jose Pablo

Jose Pablo Member

I would agree with @BenLowe being one of mine right now as well. His progression is insane! Another favorite would be Sam Cannon. Dude makes my jaw drop everytime he laces on snapchat(skpcannon) haha.

It's quite interesting to be a part of this thread because I think sometimes kendama players tend to focus on being sponsored rather than just having fun lacing tricks, building a positive community, and spreading kendama love. I'd love to see other people's thoughts on this thread!

Dec 20, 2016
  3. htimSxelA

htimSxelA Moderator Staff Member

Donald Grant! One of my favourites, he's the most low-key creative player... possibly ever?

I mean look at this video, in the first minute he does more variations of obscure tricks than most players could ever hope to come up with!

Dec 20, 2016
  4. rTTn

rTTn Slayer

I love Donald! BKA was where I learned a lot about kendama when I first started. I watched the hell out of the Sunrise edits

Dec 20, 2016
  5. Ben Lowe

Ben Lowe Slayer

YES! I've seen some of his stuff! So amazing, the creativity there is kind of ridiculous.

Dec 20, 2016
  6. htimSxelA

His trick endings are always really funny too.
    Actually, kendama isn't even his main jam, check out Donald's diabolo stuff if you really want to see some shred. He's one of the best in the world as far as I can tell, there are a lot of videos of him killing epic stage performances with it.

Donald is one of the players I've yet to meet, hopefully someday soon we'll cross paths...

Dec 20, 2016
  7. Ben Lowe

Ben Lowe Slayer

I'm afraid if I watch his diabolo stuff it might tempt me to pull out my diabolos and actually learn something new on them.... It is bad that my favorite diabolo trick is to go outside and chuck it up as high as possible and try to catch it? So fun though...

Dec 20, 2016
    Steezdiaz and htimSxelA like this.
  8. htimSxelA

I remember diabolo players at EJC complaining that people who don't play diabolo just love watching it fly high in the air, but don't care about the really tech stuff at all (its all lost on them). ha!

(edit: not to say you're not a 'true diabolo player' or something like that, your post just prompted my memory)

Dec 20, 2016
    Ben Lowe likes this.
  9. Ben Lowe

Ben Lowe Slayer

I guess I was never cut out to be a diabolo player to begin with then!! lol

Though, the tech stuff is definitely NOT lost on me. Some insane stuff out there, and the good players make it look buttery smooth and easy.

Dec 20, 2016
  10. e~b

e~b n00b

Kyle Diller (@kdillahkillah) !! The kid absolutely slays. He reps Sweets really hard, but i don't think he's sponsored. Pretty young too. Also, Max Naff (@catdama) ! I could watch his string tricks all day long. He has SO much flow, and he also is pretty crazy with the taps. He also reps Sweets and GT, but I don't think he is sponsored.

Dec 20, 2016
  11. RyanArthurWalker

RyanArthurWalker Slayer

Love Louke Hernandez so much, such a great dude.

Ian Vos is a legend. (Love all of DKT actually)

Austin Donovan..the absolute homie.

Dec 21, 2016
    htimSxelA and Jose Pablo like this.
  12. AdrianEsteban

AdrianEsteban Honed Member

Damon Kirchmeier, Max Naff, Louke Hernandez, Oliver Velasquez, Adrian Elvambuena.
    I love all these guys sooo much

Dec 21, 2016
    damon and htimSxelA like this.
  13. Instagrom3

Instagrom3 Honed Member

As far as internationally I'd have to agree with @htimSxelA Donald Grant is the man

But low key Vancouver local I'd say hands down Harel Ruhr, dude is the best and almost every time I see him he's got something new. He needs to get up more

Dec 21, 2016
    htimSxelA likes this.
  14. htimSxelA

True true, Harel slays pretty hard. He used to be in with some sorta CWCS thing, but he dropped that a little while ago I think

Dec 21, 2016
  15. Instagrom3

Instagrom3 Honed Member

Yeah I don't really see that as pro but still Harel has hit some bangers lately and I just wish he seshed more with us

Dec 21, 2016
  16. James Sevilla

James Sevilla Honed Member

Dec 21, 2016
  17. MicahDama

MicahDama Honed Member

Ben Lowe's vlogs are my favorite.

Big up to him. It helps me that he is a good dama player, but not too good. I can usually conceive of most the things he does. Plus seeing him land first time tricks like the double lunar flip he got is almost as good as hitting a new trick myself.

Dec 21, 2016
  18. Clayk27

Clayk27 Member

Micah segura and Gino gaxha

Dec 21, 2016
    RyanArthurWalker likes this.
  19. Brandon Ancheta

Brandon Ancheta n00b

Cheeee!!!!! All love homie

Dec 21, 2016
  20. Brandon Ancheta

Brandon Ancheta n00b