Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Fixing loose cups

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by Kucdama, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Shadoshi

Shadoshi Honed Member

I've been looking also and maybe I can put like a tiny hairtie like the size you put in your braces

Mar 13, 2018
  2. goenKendama

goenKendama Administrator Staff Member

Mar 13, 2018
  3. lategreat808

lategreat808 DS Legend

Just buy a GT-E1...it will NEVER come loose.

Mar 13, 2018
    Jasper B. and LineKnob like this.
  4. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Member

So I’ve had my Pop for a while now, and I’ve used it quite a bit. My only other kendama is a DWI v2 sticky AF Marilyn. My problem is that since I’m a lefty, I have to disassemble, restring, and reassemble the kendama. I’ve had no problems with the DWI, but the Krom gets loose pretty regularly. I’ve pressed down as hard as I feel like I safely can. Is there some kind of trick to getting it to stick? Is the type of wood on the Pop more likely to slip?

Aug 27, 2018
  5. Lucas Canadian Kendama

Lucas Canadian Kendama Member

@Rosenberg no the wood is fine. It just happenes sometimes. If you take the ken apart And put a piece of paper or double up a piece of paper even triple up if you have to, and slide it between the Surado and the stick then press down like you were doing, it will be nice and tight it won’t come off. some people also like to put a small little finishing nail through the surado hole and nail it to the stick.( I personally don’t like doing that because it can wreck it. just put a piece of paper and it works fine )

I had to do it a couple times. They get loose eventually from play(and I have a couple brands). There are kendamas like tributes that has a metal rod through the surado hold that holds it from slipping.

But your best bet is just putting a piece of paper in there and it will hold it nice and tight. ( you ever need to just replace the paper )

Ps. Whatever you do don’t glue it because the glue could be impossible to get off to restring and will wreck your Ken.

Hope this helps. All the best a. Dama on

Aug 27, 2018
  6. goenKendama

Aug 27, 2018
  7. Uprightman

Uprightman Member

Forget the paper or sticky note. What you want is some blue painters tape, rip off a tiny strip thinner than the width of your cups and put it on the ken. It will stick there nicely, and hold the sarado in place!

Aug 29, 2018
  8. Relyk

Relyk n00b

Idk if it’s coincidence but my red krom pop sarado slips by far the most out of all the Kendamas i own so I feel it might be the pops shape or something. Also to add to the thread I personally like to use two small pieces of electrical tape under the sarado and both sides of the string holes without covering them.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    Aug 29, 2018
    LA111 likes this.
  9. LA111

LA111 n00b

Fax, my krom pop is my most played recently, but it also has the loosest sarado. I used the tape method as well.

Aug 29, 2018
    JordyM and Relyk like this.
  10. newschoolers

newschoolers n00b

I was thinking of getting a krom pop for my next kendama but I hate the cups sliding up..
    My tribute has been beaten into the ground and no issues. Pretty sure that the sarado is permanently attached though, idk

Aug 30, 2018
  11. goenKendama

The KUSA Tribute has a metal ferrule through which you string the kendama. You are correct it is not removable. I've had really good luck with the mini rubberband method mentioned in a previous post.

Aug 31, 2018
    newschoolers likes this.