Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Is it a seasonal thing?

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by Edric Owen Ladera, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Edric Owen Ladera

Edric Owen Ladera Slayer

Hey guys,

Have you ever wondered like there is a certain point in time where things happened kendama-wise. For example: Like it's hard to play dama on winter especially if it's freaking cold at some time that your tama looks moist. Or in summer where is where you can lace on your natty dama due to all that sweat but you're in a slump cause you're exhausted?

I want to know from you guys what you think about it. Also, have you ever had that seasonal thing when it comes to kendama like impulsive buying of dama(black friday-cyber monday madness). Any season is "OPEN" ;) winter,spring,summer,fall, superbowl,madden,etc.

Nov 29, 2017
    slothymane and sambarboo like this.
  2. azleonhart

azleonhart Moderator Staff Member

Kendama is always good for me, all day all year.
    Gets better when you’re in a group of great players, you get challenged and learn stuff better and faster.

BF/CM is a great way to save on much needed cash, but sometimes there are kendamas with big ideas, and are produced in highly limited quantities (you know who you are), so you’ve got no option but to pull the trigger there and then.

John Madden is a person, not a season, my friend. :p

Nov 29, 2017
    Edric Owen Ladera and sambarboo like this.
  3. Eric H

Eric H Honed Member

Mko season is where I get super hyped on dama and play in pretty much all of my free time. Also spring and fall is a good time for me to be lacing out on my deck and getting clips for the gram so those are the seasons where I’m active on instagram.

Nov 29, 2017
    Edric Owen Ladera and sambarboo like this.
  4. htimSxelA

htimSxelA Moderator Staff Member

The first few years I didn't play nearly as much in the winter. Super cold, dry, and dark, so dama play was pretty much confined to the basement. Spent way more time snowboarding, and then went back into dama mode for the summers.
    These days its more balanced I suppose

Nov 29, 2017
  5. jpriest

jpriest Member

I live in SoCal so it's always dama season

Nov 30, 2017
  6. Jasper B.

Jasper B. Slayer

Definitely in SoCal it is always dama season. Also, kendama comps all year round.

Nov 30, 2017
  7. Qonnor

Qonnor Slayer

I feel this. Boarding above all when the snow is good. I’ve been finding myself playing dama in the mornings to warm myself up as it’s been getting colder. XD

Nov 30, 2017
    htimSxelA likes this.
  8. KirStylez

KirStylez Member

Story of my life in Winnipeg. Since last winter I’ve always kept a dama in my purse and jam when I could during coffee breaks or while waiting for the bus ride home from work. Summer time, it’s the same deal, but I have a tendency to go outside and jam a bit more.

Dec 2, 2017
    Qonnor and htimSxelA like this.
  9. htimSxelA

htimSxelA Moderator Staff Member

Yea, same deal. Edmonton is dark af in the winter!

Dec 3, 2017
    Qonnor likes this.