Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

KUSA craft SHIFT

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by Cheech_Sander, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Jake.ship

Jake.ship Member

Bishoff and dWesty?

Sep 13, 2018
  2. Jasper B.

Jasper B. Slayer

There definitely needs to be a Bishoff pro mod. No doubt about it. Maybe some of the older tribe members can also be bumped up to pro. I feel like all can be upgraded to be Shift / Slim based on the players style, and some of the mods that did not sell as well can also be revamped to a new colorway, paint formula, or possibly even new woods. I would also love to see the exotics series return with woods such as zebrano, purpleheart, and padauk (I know there are other exotics that are more under rated, but these seem to have the highest demand). With new kendama shapes comes new opportunities to revamp old kendamas or make completely new ones. Excited for the future of kendama, and hope it isn't a major let down

Sep 13, 2018
    KeeganS likes this.
  3. Broc Stauffer

Broc Stauffer Honed Member

Dwest and Bish

Sep 13, 2018
  4. KeeganS

KeeganS DS Legend

Of the others I’d like to see bumped to pro, Bishoff, D Westy, and Scags for sure.

Sep 14, 2018
  5. KeeganS

KeeganS DS Legend

Would anyone like to see, of the current pro players, entirely new and different pro mods or Shift/Slim (either or both) versions of their current pro mods?

Sep 14, 2018
    Jasper B. and ttocsic like this.
  6. Broc Stauffer

I’d like to see both versions with the new silk paint. It would be fun to have new tama designs too.

Sep 14, 2018
    Jasper B. likes this.
  7. Jasper B.

Jasper B. Slayer

I just received my craft slims, and it is by far my favorite shape that any kendama company has released so far. Bought two maples, and there are no disappointments. Amazing for lunars, slings, and stalls. Also just feels amazing in hand. Nice and crisp. Highly recommended by myself.

Sep 15, 2018
  8. Broc Stauffer

Does it feel like it will snap?

Sep 15, 2018
  9. Jasper B.

Jasper B. Slayer

Definitely not with the maple. My maple Craft Slim feels really strong, and they generally weigh between 75g to 85g. The Kaizen slim, mass produced and painted are all made of beech so far, and they just feel more brittle, but I have only tried someone else's kaizen slim, and really did not use it as much. I love the shape over all, best shape I have tried, and I really recommend getting the CRAFT version. You can really feel the quality. If you have played the old craft slim or slim plus, it feels similar, and just as sleek in your hand, but is a kind of mid range between plus and standard size, making it compatible for mashups on both ends of the spectrum. If you are thinking of buying a craft slim (and have the money to do so), I suggest you get one before they are all sold out.

Sep 15, 2018
    htimSxelA likes this.
  10. digitalburr

digitalburr n00b

I really dig the slims, such a fire shape!

Sep 15, 2018
  11. Jordan_MTB

Jordan_MTB Member

Not related to the Shifts but has anyone played the Craft Colors? If so, what did you think of them.

Sep 19, 2018
    Jasper B. likes this.
  12. Jose Pablo

Jose Pablo Member

I haven't played with one, but as far as I know, the Craft Colors are basically the Shift kens with a painted silk on beech tama. Your post is very related to the Shifts. :) This is an option for those who want to play a high-quality ken made in the U.S. with a painted tama if natty is not your thing. I've been wanting to try out the Shift shape for a minute, but I'm still waiting on the right chance haha.

Sep 19, 2018
    Jordan_MTB likes this.
  13. Jordan_MTB

Jordan_MTB Member

What type of wood is the Ken?

Sep 19, 2018
  14. Relyk

Relyk n00b

Pretty sure you can choose between white ash and yellow birch

Sep 19, 2018
    Jordan_MTB likes this.
  15. Jordan_MTB

Jordan_MTB Member

What would you recommend?

Sep 19, 2018
    Relyk likes this.
  16. Jasper B.

Jasper B. Slayer

100% related I don't know what you are talking about lol. Craft Colors are birch or ash kens with 1% larger new silt tamas. Amazingly honed

Sep 19, 2018
    Jordan_MTB and Relyk like this.
  17. Relyk

Relyk n00b

They should both slay, I personally haven't tried birch yet but have plenty of good things about it, I have tried ash and its definitely one of my favorite woods to play. It's really just preference, I'm sure somebody experienced with both woods wouldn't mind weighting in as well though. If you pick one up though you gotta let us know how it plays!

Sep 19, 2018
    Jordan_MTB likes this.
  18. Relyk

Relyk n00b

So just the tamas are 1% bigger? I had no idea. That's actually kind of interesting.

Sep 19, 2018
  19. Jordan_MTB

Jordan_MTB Member

I just wasn’t sure what shape it was because i didn’t look hard enough :p

Sep 19, 2018
  20. Jasper B.

Jasper B. Slayer

Yeah. The new kaizen slims, kaizen shifts, and craft models have a slightly larger tama. It is to match how huge the cups are. With a standard tama, the cups just engulf the tama lol. I don't know if it is exactly 1% larger, but it is definitely a little bit bigger according to the KUSA peeps. They are so perfect for making mash ups with the new Krom 2018 pro mods which are also 1% larger ken and tama. I have tried a Rold mod x Craft Slim, and that is the most honed setup I have ever played.

Sep 19, 2018
    Jordan_MTB likes this.