Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Looking for a GT x BH x REZ

Discussion in 'DS Exchange' started by AN_TY, Sep 25, 2018.

1. AN_TY

AN_TY Honed Member

I am looking for any of the three GT x BH x REZ damas. Drop a price below, shipped...

Sep 25, 2018
    JHard502710 and James Hoang like this.
  2. Joseph Miele

Joseph Miele Member

You and me both

Oct 10, 2018
    JHard502710 and Jasper B. like this.
  3. JHard502710

JHard502710 Slayer

Me too.. haven’t seen any talk or pics of the ones that got them either.. u guys?

Oct 16, 2018
  4. AN_TY

AN_TY Honed Member

Bump.. also, seems like the ones who were fortunate to snag one are keeping them for collections or jamming them.

I would take anything 7/10 and up.

Dec 20, 2018
  5. poncho151

poncho151 Honed Member

Yeah they are much more of a collection Dama than anything else. Also if and when they do pop up they’re gonna be expensive$$$

Dec 22, 2018
    lategreat808 likes this.
  6. lategreat808

lategreat808 DS Legend

I could easily see someone dropping 5 bills on one. I myself would probably drop $350 on one if it were fresh

Dec 22, 2018
  7. poncho151

poncho151 Honed Member

I’ve kept mine displayed and never strung/played because there’s only 10 of each and 30 total and because of what you just said lol! Plus I have BH’s to play and rez aswell.

Dec 22, 2018
  8. lategreat808

lategreat808 DS Legend

Destroy ALL Damas!!!!

Dec 22, 2018
    AN_TY likes this.
  9. poncho151

poncho151 Honed Member

I’m all for it but this one is the only one I might have to stick with,
    LIGHTLY PLAY ALL DAMAS EVENTUALLY!!!
    Hahahaha

Dec 22, 2018
    Jake.ship likes this.
  10. AN_TY

AN_TY Honed Member

Let me reiterate.. DESTROY ALL DAMAS, lol

Dec 22, 2018
  11. AN_TY

AN_TY Honed Member

I’m all for collecting but we have to remember these are still toys. I’m afraid that the “sneaker hype beast” effect may take hold as Kendama becomes more popular. And if your not familiar with the “hype beast effect”, it’s when people buy things knowing it’s limited and then resell it for 3-4 times the original price. Now we are all familiar with supply and demand and it being a byproduct of scarcity but I just don’t want it to be 2025 and we see 50% of a limited dama release on DS or wherever for 200% markup.

I don’t think that’s what’s happening now and there are legitimate collectors much like you guys. Just worried that it might go that way.

Dec 22, 2018
    slothymane likes this.
  12. poncho151

poncho151 Honed Member

In a way kendama kinda already went through a “sneaker hype beast” era once with OG Mugens. They were marked up wayyyy past 200%. Kendama kinda moved past them and the demand died down. Now only collectors buy them.

Also I don’t think people are trying to grab as many damas as they can from a drop just to sell them. As you said, this is still just a toy therefor the majority of the demographic are kids who don’t have a ton of money to create a big resale market.

With “limited” damas it seems collectors buy a portion and the rest I think are generally bought, played, and then possibly resold. Which brings me to what don’t care for seeing, which is used damas getting marked up way past the original price. In my opinion, truly new unplayed/unstrung damas should be marked up if they are rare or out of production and I’m fine with that. Really once a Dama is played it should be worth less than the MSRP and not higher.

I’m definitely a collector and I mostly only buy “limited” kendamas, mainly GT’s but many others too. I play 99.9% of them with every intention of playing them all. With that said, I almost never sell and have never thought of how much money I could make. I think kendama would have to get pretty massive to have people outside of it stepping in to just make money on resales.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    Dec 22, 2018
    AN_TY likes this.
  13. AN_TY

AN_TY Honed Member

I totally agree. You can still find some OG mugens being sold for $500+. I also collect with no intention of selling and I also play with 99% of my damas. I have over 90 and all but 5 have been played. These days my taste for damas is for the finer quality ones, especially from GT and Terra. But it’s a passion for Kendama that leads me to collect, not for investment purposes later down the road. Hopefully we don’t get another hypebeast era but I feel it’s almost inevitable if Kendama grows substantially.

Dec 22, 2018
    poncho151 likes this.
  14. beglerijapan

beglerijapan Honed Member

hype beast or not,

when there are only 30 pieces of whatever and 300 people wanting one and able to afford it, hype or no hype, it's gonna cost more.

As long as they don't allow them to sell for 450 and suddenly announce they're dropping an extra 60, ya know...

Dec 22, 2018
    poncho151 likes this.
  15. AN_TY

AN_TY Honed Member

I hear that!

Dec 22, 2018
    poncho151 likes this.