Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

The Krom Slaydawg

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by rTTn, Oct 17, 2016.

?

you gonna cop or not

Poll closed Oct 24, 2016.
  1. Copped

36.4%
  2. Naw

9.1%
  3. I like CHEESE!

27.3%
  4. Jenny will have 6 apples left

27.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. rTTn

rTTn Slayer

Who's hyped! I'll be up bright & early to cop.

Oct 17, 2016
    triggerscold likes this.
  2. BallardKROM

BallardKROM Member

chyeee

Oct 17, 2016
  3. Ben Lowe

Ben Lowe Slayer

I really want one, but I'm going to have to wait. :(

Oct 17, 2016
  4. Dæmon

Dæmon Moderator Staff Member

Would love to feature a review. Shoot us a quick video when you unbox that thing!

Oct 17, 2016
  5. rTTn

rTTn Slayer

Would love to if the drop didnt last a whole 12 seconds. Unfortunatly wasn't able to snag one.

Oct 18, 2016
  6. nikki_deo

nikki_deo Slayer

Missed the drop but I'm hoping they're going to be vending them at MKO :3

Oct 18, 2016
    MattSweets likes this.
  7. Grandpa Sandz

Grandpa Sandz Moderator Staff Member

I'm a little flattered that you embraced the tama-nipple : )... jammed one of these with ballard and its pretty unreal.

Oct 18, 2016
  8. triggerscold

triggerscold Member

shipping is pricey when just getting one >_< so i waited but i loved the birthday slaydawg

Oct 25, 2016
  9. MalayBorneo

MalayBorneo n00b

Are there any differences between maple and ash slaydawg? I saw the maple one got no laser
    engravings like the ash.
    Are there more differences?

Nov 3, 2016
  10. KENDAMA

KENDAMA n00b

I wish the maple had the engravings like the ash

Nov 3, 2016
  11. Instagrom3

Instagrom3 Honed Member

super sick damas i was blessed to acquire one early, highly recommend to anyone who wants a solid jammer for everything

Nov 15, 2016
  12. nikki_deo

nikki_deo Slayer

I was able to snag a maple nihon at MKO :3

Honestly, somehow I envisioned it to be a challenge to play since it's slightly larger and I have petite hands, but nope! Hardly noticed the difference. And it's just soooo good! the LOL clear is definitely one of my favorites.

Nov 15, 2016
  13. Kendoggy

Kendoggy n00b

I'm waiting for my Ash Nihon and I need to know - what is the LOL Clear like? Can anyone compare it to something? Cause what I heard so far, is that it's similiar to broken in Musou, or something that is close to DWI Sticky AF.

Nov 16, 2016
  14. nikki_deo

nikki_deo Slayer

that's actually a great comparison. I have a maple nihon, and in my experience, it's like in the middle of the two. lol My musou has a bit more slip than the slaydawg and whenever i tried the sticky AF it was too sticky for my liking. out of the box/bag It's for sure sticky but not too sticky that it makes adjusting difficult.

Nov 16, 2016
  15. Kendoggy

Kendoggy n00b

Well then, now you made my wait only worse @nikki_deo . It's just what I wanted to hear! Fire, that I've been waiting for for months is already in my country, but probably at least 24h away from me.

Nov 16, 2016
    nikki_deo likes this.
  16. Ben Lowe

Ben Lowe Slayer

I just posted an unboxing video for the 3d Don I got this weekend. I'm still quite the beginner kendama player, but man I really like this kendama. It unlocked the lunar game for me in like one day! (Unless it is all in my head, very possible.) I posted my unboxing in the videos section of the website in case anyone is curious. http://www.downspike.com/videos/219

Nov 16, 2016
    Pyromawn likes this.
  17. nikki_deo

nikki_deo Slayer

I'm stoked for you! Hope it comes soon! :D

I watched it earlier! Well done, man! I remember when I brought out my slaydawg for the first time at MKO, I fully believed it had some sort of magical powers or something because I was able to land my first pull up inward lunar-in within 3 tries. "Hyped" doesn't even begin to describe how awesome it felt. hahaha

Nov 16, 2016
    Ben Lowe likes this.
  18. Kendoggy

Kendoggy n00b

I'm thrilled for last 24h. It was less than 24h of wait for me, and I'm having SO MUCH FUN with this kendama! The weight is not what I'm used to, it does have a lighter tama, but it's nothing.LOL CLEAR IS AMAZING and this paint will work on normal size kendamas as well, I can't wait for a new Krom LOL Clear jammer. ^^ I don't even know what I'm saying right now. :D

Nov 18, 2016
  19. Kendoggy

Kendoggy n00b

Overall, the paint is like nothing I've played. I doesn't me remind of Musou in touch, but actually the tack is really a lot like Musou's. But I don't feel like it has any Sticky AF feeling to it. It's just LOL.

Nov 18, 2016
  20. Jose Pablo

Jose Pablo Member

Hey guys! I just got my Nihon Ash Slaydawg and it's been amazing so far! Keep in mind that I'm still a beginner. I was able to unlock some tricks like lighthouse, lighthouse trade spikes. One thing that's quite bothering me right now is the weight ratio of my Slaydawg. At first i noticed the weight difference just by weighing it on my hands and noticed how the ken is somewhat light and the tama being considerably heavier. I checked it on the scale and found that the ken is around 67g and the tama at around 90g which throws me off a bit. I know that weights shouldn't really matter considering that I'm still a beginner, but I feel like I should share this. I guess the good thing is that the ken isn't heavier than the tama. I really love my Slaydawg, just thinking about the weight ratio though.. What are your guys' thoughts?

Nov 18, 2016