Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Throwback/Reincarnate Damas- Updated & revamped models

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by Edric Owen Ladera, May 7, 2017.

1. Edric Owen Ladera

Edric Owen Ladera Slayer

Hey guys,

I was screen shopping earlier(lol), & I saw a couple damas that I miss way before or some damas I remember that sold out long ago... I was wondering, "What if" there will be kendamas that make a return. This will be general, could be a whole dama brand, a recent line being integrated to their current ones, etc..

I personally really wanna cop or at least get my hands on a KROM Collabs damas such as autumn camo or the 430 trip splits(especially the navy,black,white & it's only available in japan or atleast you could read japanese & eventually got to cop one). In fact, with pelle & rosadama got their maple counterparts, i really wonder if krom atleast have like a few numbers of autumn tamas sitting in their stock(who knows) or anyone from 430 have the 3splits as well & pair it with other kens beside their flagship slaydawgs. I also though of a throwback collab of krom & autumn working with the same old design & maybe do it on the slaydawg. well the current 430 X KROM for me is not that appealing but right now it's good that it's barely sold out so soon enough i could cop it :/

what do you guys think???

May 7, 2017
    Dan Reinstein likes this.
  2. Edric Owen Ladera

Edric Owen Ladera Slayer

BTW this is what it looks like for others who didn't know...
    krom1.jpg krom2.jpg

May 7, 2017
  3. htimSxelA

htimSxelA Moderator Staff Member

You can probably find one of those krom damas if you lurk around the buy/sell/trade groups, they weren't made all too long ago.

Hmm OG Ozos, and OG Battle kendamas, it was good days back when they made those!

May 8, 2017
  4. Ricky Røge

Ricky Røge Slayer

Would love for this one to go back in production. Was my third dammer, and main jammer for a solid year

May 8, 2017
  5. Dan Reinstein

Dan Reinstein Member

I know this is kind of different but it sucks that the krom six year birthday is sold out and no longer in production. You think there'll be a 7, 8 etc... year models?

May 8, 2017
    sambarboo likes this.
  6. Jenny Cho

Jenny Cho Slayer

Oh man, I've actually never seen this one before! Looking fantastic! Very cool and unique design.

Before all the stupid stuff that happened with it, I was a big fan of the Co and their striped zens. If something similar like that comes out again - a really straightforward and clean design that has a slip/slick hardcoat, I'd probably be all over it!

I also would've said aTack but Sweets has brought it back with the Prime line! I also miss the focus ken shapes though, and as much as I love the Primes, I hope they don't axe the focus line completely. Love the F3 shape - still one of my favorite ken shapes of all time, especially in maple.

May 8, 2017
  7. Edric Owen Ladera

Edric Owen Ladera Slayer

@htimSxelA yeah but probably the krom autumn would be commonly there elsewhere but the 1st krom 430 would be super rare. i bet no one in DS has that kind of specific dama XD. but i really feel that krom should really reincarnate these. Even for just a limited run.

May 8, 2017
  8. Edric Owen Ladera

Edric Owen Ladera Slayer

wait a second, f3's got one in maple? i thought f3 are all beech? well og HG's are same as f3 & HG's are in different woods...

May 8, 2017
    sambarboo likes this.
  9. Congarranza

Congarranza DS Legend

Isn't the 2017 promod maple Ken a F3 shape? If not, what's different?

May 8, 2017
  10. sambarboo

sambarboo Slayer

20170503_232213.jpg
    The "fish skin" paint on the Kendama Ohana [K.O.] is/was one of my favorite silk/matte paints. Excellent slip-grip ratio. The actual ken is a great no nonsense shape that handles well all around. I'd love to see these guys back in the game.

May 8, 2017
    Jedi_man likes this.
  11. Edric Owen Ladera

Edric Owen Ladera Slayer

true. but remember, og HG's & F3 has the same shape, diferrence between the 2 are f3 line are in beech & mostly painted while hg on the other hand focused more specifically on hardwoods.

May 8, 2017
  12. Edric Owen Ladera

Edric Owen Ladera Slayer

@htimSxelA btw what does Battle kendamas look like?

May 8, 2017
  13. azleonhart

azleonhart Moderator Staff Member

IMG_0005.JPG IMG_0006.JPG

May 9, 2017
    Allen Ku and htimSxelA like this.
  14. htimSxelA

I'll post some photos of mine tomorrow. They were made many years ago, back in the day they were the lowkey most shredding dama on the market. So good!

May 9, 2017
    Edric Owen Ladera and Sloth like this.
  15. Congarranza

Congarranza DS Legend

So the pro mod is a F3 shape in maple Ken with maple cushion clear Tama? Is there any modification to the shape at all?

May 9, 2017
  16. Edric Owen Ladera

Edric Owen Ladera Slayer

only specifics that i know is that the string hole in the ken is in the center just like any other damas. and also all you said is correct. it's full maple with cush clear.

May 9, 2017
  17. htimSxelA

Here's one of my old apple green battles. This one is a little thrashed, but nothing compared to some of the others I own. I used to play Battles HARD back in the day.

They never had a ton of hype, but you'll find some OG players that are all about em. I've been spent up to about $80 usd for a fresh gold, it's such a jammer.

@RodDama knows, I'm pretty sure @Christian Fraser is about em too

image.jpg
    image.jpg

May 9, 2017
    Allen Ku, ChrisPChicken and Jewbacca like this.
  18. Edric Owen Ladera

Edric Owen Ladera Slayer

the ringstall kinda resembles og kaizen. also this one looks like have a long spike.

May 9, 2017
  19. Edric Owen Ladera

Edric Owen Ladera Slayer

HEY GUYS,

It's been a while since i made this thread...

Now let's add some things to spice the thread up. Now we have now seen some of krom's new lines of pops with revamp designs of the Autumn (see pic above) & Noias with a new Noia 3. Also it wasn't obvious until i sae it from MKO, the Sumo which i never thought sweets had before...also 1st batch of pro mods of sweets revamped in the current Prime Customs.

Now l wanna know from you guys which damas do you think deserves a revamp. And no, please don't give me the current kaizen promods being switch to 2.0's cause every last of the pro mods in the 1st kaizen line will eventually be in the current shape.

Now i wanna make this thing hyped up. For me i think i wanna see the V3 pro mods of KUSA being recreated. doesn't have to be the exact revamp but i want the color of the tama to be used in the kaizen line. maybe add the signature in the stall of the big cup.
    @htimSxelA what do you think???

Now this might never happen, but does it look good if the the unreleased very first krom pro mods be in the pop shape? just a thought...

Also this might be a fan fav.Does anybody misses the pokeball halfsplits??? whether sweets or kusa, do you think they should do a comeback???

let me know guys :D

Nov 24, 2017
  20. Jasper B.

Jasper B. Slayer

There are new autumn POP s with LOL clear

Nov 24, 2017