Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Discussion in 'Non-Dama Drama' started by RyanArthurWalker, Oct 25, 2016.

1. RyanArthurWalker

RyanArthurWalker Slayer

PSA: I am interpreting "non-dama drama" as "off-topic"

Without data to back me up, I am going to assume that most of the Dama community falls within in the age range of 10 - 20 (maybe 22). With that being said, what do you all want to be when you grow up? Where do you want to go to college, or not go? What is/are your plan(s)?

For the older crowd, what did you study in college or how did your career path change after high school?

I studied Physical Education up in NY at a school called Cortland. Now I teach Health and Phys. Ed. down in Washington, DC. (if you haven't seen Washington, DC, you should be closing the car door right now to be on your way)

Oct 25, 2016
  2. Cheech_Sander

Cheech_Sander Administrator Staff Member

When I was 5 I wanted to be batman.
    When I was 7 I wanted to be a garbage man (looked fun to hang off a moving truck)
    When I was 14 I wanted to be a pro skier.

By 18 I realized I wasn't quite good enough to be any of those things, but I was pretty good with a camera and pretty good with new technologies and OK with html.

So I studied motion picture production at Loyola Marymount in Los Angeles with the idea that I would produce ski movies. I got a great Hollywood internship for the producer behind "The Fast and the Furious" and ended up doing some more commercial stuff.

I still produce ski edits for fun, and occasionally for business, (such as Red Bull Bracket Reel) but mostly focusing on Television shows right now.
    Sometimes I start other new media companies like downspike or an educational media thing I have in the works right now.

When I grow up, I want to be exhausted.

I don't care if any of my shows are hits or if I fail at all of them. I hope my kids aren't fuck ups but they are free to be so if they want to. The only thing I want to be able to do is sit back on my death bed and say "fuck it, I left it all on the field"

Oct 26, 2016
  3. J-Swish

J-Swish Honed Member

You did that?? Super fun to watch that comp...the Bozeman dudes crushed it!

Oct 26, 2016
    Cheech_Sander likes this.
  4. Cheech_Sander

Yeah they were unreal! Originally the competition was called "march radness" which I still think is a better name. But Red Bull corporate = Fun Police.

The idea came out of a spirited debate over a couple beers with my friend Robson over whose college had the better ski team (LMU vs USC). Pitched it to Red Bull, they passed because the timing was off, then they called me back the next fall and said "hey can you come pitch us again, we want to do it".

Oct 27, 2016
  5. triggerscold

triggerscold Member

Better than i am today~

Oct 27, 2016
  6. Almostgets

Almostgets Slayer

Truth

Oct 27, 2016
    Michael Joseph Reeves likes this.
  7. Michael Joseph Reeves

Michael Joseph Reeves Honed Member

Entrepreneurial lifestyle with a minor in self sustainability.

Oct 28, 2016
    Cobikaze likes this.
  8. Chelsea May Perez

Chelsea May Perez Slayer

When I was 5 years old, I wanted to be a nurse or an astronaut. I'm 24 years old, and I am a nurse. I'm living the dream job. #blessed

Oct 30, 2016
  9. Sbermea22

Sbermea22 Member

whatever wont make me homeless,

Nov 2, 2016
  10. nikki_deo

nikki_deo Slayer

When I was little I wanted to be an aerospace engineer/pilot/professional golfer all at the same time. (LOLOL) It wasn't until like middle school and took my 1st programming class that I knew i wanted to be a dev of some sort. Fast forward to getting my BS in Computer Science a couple years ago and now I'm an IT developer/engineer. it's aight i guess. i may go back to school for masters thoughhhh *shrugs*

Nov 2, 2016
  11. Cobikaze

Cobikaze Honed Member

When I grow up I want to help and inspire people.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    Nov 3, 2016
    Michael Joseph Reeves likes this.
  12. Michael Joseph Reeves

Hell yeah. But you dont gotta grow up to do that. You already do! Just keep working on yourself and you can do that even better!

Nov 4, 2016
    RyanArthurWalker and Cobikaze like this.
  13. Yourdy

Yourdy Honed Member

Red Bull Bracket Reel was dope. Cheech invited myself and the rest of the PSU Bad Boys to test drive it the first year. Unfortunately we got knocked out the first round but ended up winning the "Most Team Spirit" award. He's our mediocrity.

Nov 4, 2016
    J-Swish and Cheech_Sander like this.
  14. Yourdy

Yourdy Honed Member

When I was little I always wanted to be a roller coaster architect. I think the launch of the Roller Coaster Tycoon game series had a serious influence on that mindset.

Nov 4, 2016
  15. htimSxelA

htimSxelA Moderator Staff Member

What video knocked this out? That was ridiculous ahaha

Nov 9, 2016
  16. Adam Flash

Adam Flash n00b

I think I'm a little late to this feed but might as well post anyways! I'm a junior in high school and have recently found a love for journalism, being on my schools newspaper staff the last two years and getting to be a section editor this year. I've always been interested in communications in some form or another and while I might not go into specifically journalism, I'm hoping to study communications in college and then (hopefully) get a job in that field! I know communications is pretty broad, so specifically what I want to do I'm not quite sure yet but that's ok! I'm only a junior in high school anyways.

Nov 22, 2016
  17. josephplayskendama

josephplayskendama n00b

At the age of 7 years old, I dreamt to become a professional boxer who could inspire others.

At the age of 10 years old, I carried on this dream by competing in local boxing shows and tournaments.

At the age of 15 years old, I ended my amateur career with over one hundred fights and multiple national/international titles on my belt.

I am now still at the age of 15 and have two professional fights with both being wins by knockout in the first round. I have traveled all over the nation speaking with older individuals about my journey and the main goal. This dream, as it first began, is to ultimately inspire the youth. I cannot fight out here in the US until I am 18 so I frequently go over the border. I mainly promote boxing on my ig page (joseph_landeros) but I have been playing for the past 2-3 years and will soon make an "only kendama" page for you all to enjoy. You guys can catch me in the Riverside area, and if you want to sesh or just talk hit me up on pm!:)

Nov 22, 2016
  18. Michael Joseph Reeves

Thats awesome man post somewhere when you make that insta page!

Nov 22, 2016
  19. Cheech_Sander

turned into a popularity contest that year and some inferior edit (I think it was UMASS) got more votes. Now we have judges to offset that happening

Nov 22, 2016
  20. sorrywongnumber

sorrywongnumber Honed Member

Mechanical Engineer :)

Nov 22, 2016
    Joel Clayton likes this.