Downspike
Kendama Entertainment Network

A community for the balanced lifestyle.

Which slaydawg?

Discussion in 'The Sesh' started by kendama duke, Mar 18, 2017.

1. kendama duke

kendama duke Honed Member

yo guys I'm gonna buy another slaydawg. I already have the nihon ash, so I'm looking for the Nihon maple, 3D DON or the b-day one. No pro mods. Which one of them is your favourite? And if you own all of them, what's the difference? I know they're all painted with the lol clear and they all have a bearing and they're all slaydawg shapes. And then then the b-day mod has a drill hole in the base cup. But how do you fell any difference between them??

Mar 18, 2017
    Ting.Kut likes this.
  2. Andrei Ungureanu

Andrei Ungureanu Member

Hello man. To be honest with you I prefer bday edition. I love that Dama because of basecup hole. Is a lunar machine and also a flip machine. I have also a pro model but the bday is way better. Peace out!

Mar 18, 2017
  3. Nick Lectura

Nick Lectura Moderator Staff Member

I have a nihon ash as well, but I hear great things about the nihon maple. I got a nihon maple in a trade, but then I traded it to my friend who didn't have a Slaydawg, and he tells me that it's holding up super well. Spike hasn't even dulled since we traded and that was about 3-4 months ago.

Since all of your options are maple, I'd say you can't go wrong with any. The birthday edition does have the loons on lock though. Played one and it's magic. I think the painted dawgs play differently than the ash or maple cause the paint breaks in differently since there's actual paint underneath and not just wood.

Mar 18, 2017
  4. Josh Kim

Josh Kim n00b

I have both the nihon ash and 3D DON. IMO, the DON is much better for lunars, but that could change based on the different densities of wood and other things. However, I do think that the paint on the DON feels a little more slick than the Nihon Ash even though they are both LOL clear. This probably has to do with the ash and maple woods breaking into the paint differently. If you're into lunars, I'd recommend the B Day because of the basecup drill, but the DON is a solid dama that you can't go wrong with either.

Mar 18, 2017
  5. kendama duke

kendama duke Honed Member

Thanks man! Really helpful ;)

Mar 18, 2017
    Nick Lectura likes this.
  6. Aloysius_hung_

Aloysius_hung_ Honed Member

I really like nihon ash/maple as it shows the grain under the tacky coating and theres the white scope and red dot for trackin

Mar 19, 2017
  7. Ben Lowe

Ben Lowe Slayer

I agree with @Nick Lectura, just get any maple and you'll be good. I love my 3ddon but I haven't played any other maple. I do prefer it to the pro mod and nihon ash that I've played, but I think I just got a really well balanced 3ddon (lucky).

Mar 19, 2017
    Ting.Kut likes this.